How do I apply to Helmholtz Zentrum München?

You can submit your application via the online application form of the respective job advertisement.

If you have not found what you are looking for in our job openings and would like to submit an unsolicited application, please use this link: Unsolicited applications

Can I send the application by post or e-mail?

Please send your application exclusively via our online questionnaire. This will enable us to process your application more quickly and in compliance with data protection regulations, so we can give you earlier feedback.

How is the application procedure at Helmholtz Zentrum München structured?

How and when does Helmholtz Zentrum München contact me?

After receipt of your application you will receive a receipt confirmation by e-mail. After reviewing your documents, we will try to give you feedback as soon as possible.

Do the application and letter of recommendation have to be in English?

No, this is not absolutely necessary. This depends in detail on the position, but it can be advantageous for scientific positions in particular and you will usually find a hint in the job offer. For positions advertised in English, we also expect application documents in English.

What requirements do I have to meet in order to apply?

In general, you should have an interest in scientific questions. Especially in the administrative area, the idea of service is important for us. Otherwise, the necessary requirements are described in the respective job advertisements.

What does TVöD mean?

TVöD refers to the collective agreement for the public sector. It regulates payment, holiday entitlement but also pension benefits etc.. More detailed information such as the current collective agreement TVöD Bund and Federal Pay Scale can be found e.g. at

How and where can I send an unsolicited application?

No suitable position currently advertised? Then please send us your unsolicited application. Click here for the online application form for unsolicited applications: Apply now

Can I do my doctorate/PhD at Helmholtz Zentrum München?

Doctorates are possible at Helmholtz Zentrum München in cooperation with universities. You can find out more on our information page and at our graduate school HELENA.

In which professions does Helmholtz Zentrum München offer apprenticeships?

You can find our current information on apprenticeships and dual studies here:


Dual Study

How to get to the campus in Neuherberg

Here you can find the directions to our campus in Neuherberg.