Graphics with R
Programming skills with R, e.g. course Introduction to R and additional practice.
“Graphics with R” covers methods in customizing classical R graphics. Additionally, an introduction to ggplot2, an advanced and powerful tool for building graphics with R, is provided. In this course you will learn how to create refined, meaningful graphs in R to visually describe your research outputs. All topics are accompanied with hands-on exercises.
This course on customizing R output covers two different parts:
- Modifying base R graphics: This includes different color schemes, customization of axes, adding multiple layers to one graphic and arranging multiple figures to one graphic (layout).
- Introduction to ggplot2: The R package ggplot2 provides a different “grammar” of building figures with R. It is convenient for complex self-contained figures. The course covers the basic principles of using ggplot2.
The course consists of lessons how to work with graphics in R and of hands-on examples with best-practice solutions.
- Duration: 2 Days
- Language: English
- This course will be offered either on campus (in person), or online
- For online courses we use the software Zoom.
- Material for the course can be found here*.
- Please install the necessary R-packages prior to the course. The packages are listed in "Material_GraphicsR.html" which is part of the linked ZIP-folder.
- Please be aware that the materials will be updated shortly before the next course.
Dates and Application:
- Courses provided for Helmholtz Munich:
- Courses provided for HIDA:
* Links marked with * are only available for Helmholtz Munich staff.