Introduction to Python
The participants will be taught how to get started with Python and will achieve a basic understanding how Python works. This course is an introductory programming course in Python designed for people with no or low knowledge in Python. However, we recommend to have already slight programming skills, for example in R, MATLAB, or similar.
The course is a prerequisite for the scanpy courses of the Computational Health Center.
This introductory course on Python covers:
- Variables and calculation
- Lists and sublists
- Arrays and matrices
- Data sets using pandas
- Data management
- Descriptive statistics using NumPy and pandas
- Basic plots using Seaborn
- Loops and functions
The course consists of lessons on how to use Python and hands-on examples with best-practice solutions.
- Duration: 3 Days
- Language: English
- This course will be offered either on campus (in person), or online.
- For online courses we use the software Zoom.
- Material for the course can be found here*.
- A description of the materials is given in "Materials_Python.html" which is part of the linked ZIP-folder.
- Please be aware that the materials will be updated shortly before the next course.
Dates and Application:
- Courses provided for Helmholtz Munich:
* Links marked with * are only available for Helmholtz Munich staff.