Version control using Git and RStudio
Programming skills with any kind of programming language, e.g. course Introduction to R.
“Version control using Git and RStudio” provides a foundation for applying version control in your daily work. Git is a modern version control environment. Classical applications involve Gitlab and GitHub. The course is designed for applied researchers with no or low previous knowledge in using Git. However, we recommend to have programming skills, for example in R, Python, or similar. In this course you will learn the basics of how to get started with Git and will achieve a basic understanding how Git works. Further, you will learn how to run version control using remote servers like Gitlab. During the course we will discuss graphical user interface options to apply version control (RStudio) and show options for command line usage.
This introductory course on version control covers:
- Initializing version control locally
- Linear workflow of version control
- Managing branches of Git
- Version control with remote servers like Gitlab
The course consists of lessons on how to use Git and hands-on examples with best-practice solutions.
- Duration: 1 Day
- Language: English
- This course will be offered either on campus (in person), or online.
- For online courses we use the software Zoom.
Dates and Application:
- Courses provided for Helmholtz Munich:
- You can check the current dates and whether the courses are already fully booked here*. The course registration will usually open 8 weeks prior to the course.
- Please read the corresponding FAQ* before applying via the forms of the HR Development department*.
- NEWS: As long as the internal registration homepage CaMS is not working, please contact Elmar Spiegel for registrations.
* Links marked with * are only available for Helmholtz Munich staff.