- Conventional and specific microtome techniques
- Standard and special staining techniques (e.g. immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, histochemistry, in situ hybridization)
- Standardized automated detection of tissue expression patterns of more than 100 antibodies.
- Testing and establishment of immunohistochemical staining protocols for new antibodies.
- Standardized, automated, and high-throughput digital 2D-image analysis (AI based Visiopharm) of histological sections (all kinds of histochemical stainings and immunohistochemistry)
- Reproducible characterization of morphometric tissue parameters
- Digital scanning of specimen in bright field and fluorescence.
- High troughput and standardized image acquisition
- Scientific and technical support to researchers working on animal models of human disease
- Consulting and assistance in planning, implementing and publishing tissue-based projects
- Structured histology report including results, an expertise and critical interpretation
- Provision of high-quality images for publication purposes
Hundreds of different tissues in a single slide in an automated way
- Necropsies of laboratory rodent species
- Standardized necropsy and sampling protocols
- Development of individually adapted sampling designs
CF_PTA offers high-quality, state-of-the-art technical and professional pathology services individualized to project needs. It is mandatory to contact us before you prepare your samples, in order to achieve optimized histopathological tissue processing according to your needs.
We strongly encourage you to follow the outlined procedure to guarantee the efficient completion of your project:
1. Initial project meeting at an early stage
If you have an interesting project and plan to include histological tissue processing, please contact us to arrange a project discussion meeting.
2. Project proposal
Furthermore the submission of a project proposal is required. Please include any information needed to provide a clear and solid understanding of your goals and expectations of your project. Please fill in the proposal template and send us via mail.
3. Sample preparation
For formalin fixed samples:
- 12–24 hour fixation in buffered formalin (Sigma Aldrich, Cat.No HT501128) free floating in at least tenfold sample volume at room temperature. If needed we can provide container with formalin.
- Submit samples immediately within 12 hours!
For frozen samples:
- Transfer dissected organs/tissue immediately after preparation in liquid nitrogen without any additional reagents carefully in sample vials (Roth, CatNo 5863.1) and put in liquid nitrogen.
- Storage in liquid nitrogen, alternatively at -80 °C.
- Samples can be transported on dry ice.
4. Submit your samples
For every new set of samples, you need to fill in a separate sample submission sheet. A completely filled in sample form is required in paper form attached to the submitted set of samples and additional in digital version sent us via email.
Please hand in your samples personally in building 37 Room 005 (Claudia-Mareike Pflüger, Uli Buchholz, Cristina Hübner-Freitas) during the following hours:
Monday – Thursday 08:00 - 12:00
We recommend to make an appointment for sample submission at least one day before.